Saturday, April 12, 2008

the what per what?

Okay, so, yes, I understand that my title is in fact in Italian. It's just that my first title was too long, it felt too clunky. And, 'the duck pond,' 'duck pond' and 'duck's pond' were all taken. So,....

I dealt with a raging headache ALL. FREAKING. DAY. Sorry, I don't mean to yell. I kept myself hydrated ('hydrated' has been part of Pic's vocabulary for quite some time...Mamma's a bit obsessed with hydration), so it wasn't that. I'm thinking it was all of the lemon poppyseed bread and the apple pizza and the lack of a significant amount of non-bread foods. Oh, and the lack of fresh air and sunshine...I just felt so crappy that I didn't want to leave the house and get fresh air and sunshine. Finally, when Cardo got home, we got out a bit...we went to Home Depot for grass seed/mulch/fertilizer (it's an all-in-one product) and rakes (one grown-up-sized one for Cardo and me to share and one kid-sized one for Pic. Tomorrow, we conquer the dead dead lawns. Or something like that.

Right now, I'm contemplating putting in a movie (I've never before heard of either of the movies I just rented and I can't remember the name of either) and actually pulling the stability ball out of the closet and working off a tiny fraction of the calories from the burrito I ate for dinner. But first...

I must, of course, include a picture of lunch, even though it'll take twenty-five minutes for my camera and my computer to get along well enough for me to upload the picture. I bought whole wheat pizza dough at Trader Joe's the other day and I've been dreaming of making apple pizza ever since. I brushed olive oil on the dough, added about a cup of part-skim shredded mozzarella and some thinly-sliced green apple. I liked it, Pic ate only a bit.


0 comments: