Monday, April 21, 2008

wondering

Is it weird that one of the requisites for home-buying for me is that there be a Trader Joe's within reasonable distance?

I love TJ's. My current favorites from the store: the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (I know my older sister can get behind this) and the tangerine sugar scrub I sometimes use to exfoliate my face. ('Yes, woman from the Estee Lauder counter, I am now regularly exfoliating my face, and, no, it isn't costing me $50/container of cleanser.') This scrub smells so freaking good, I could eat it. But, I won't, because the jar tells me not to. I, do, however like to sneak occassional whiffs from the jar...talk about cheap aromatherapy. Maybe I should carry the stuff with me to get me through these next few weeks of my end-of-semester-meltdown-and-cry-in-my-committee-chair's-office phase.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Nope, not weird at all. I freaking love Trader Joes and it irritates me to no end that there is only one in Reno that is really nowhere near me (clearly, I was not as smart as you in my home-buying) while there are Walmarts every five feet. Dangit. I am craving TJ's food now just thinking about it, mmm all the delicious snacks, on the day, of course, that I have decided that dieting is an absolute necessity.

And I would be HONORED to be added to your blog roll!

I'm actually glad Mario knows how to Photoshop but I don't, because you're right, it would be a time-sucker, and another one of those I do NOT need in my life right now!

Anonymous said...

I adore Trader Joe's, too. That is one of my biggest "ugh" feelings about where our house is. Our apartment was within VERY easy walking distance, and Mike and I were there about every other day. I keep checking TJ's site to see if they are going to be opening one waaaaaay out here by us. No such luck yet.