Tuesday, February 10, 2009

genius

Okay, so last night I proved the stunningness of my genius. I showed up for class a bit before four, thinking, 'I'll be early and then I can review my reading notes before class.' Thinking, 'Class starts at four-thirty, right?' The small bit of a room filled up pretty quickly and I had to ask, 'Doesn't class start at four-thirty?'

No.

So, while I'm not a newbie at this, not at all, I still play one in real life sometimes. Thanks be that I had planned on being so early.

Anyhow, it's resting time in La Casa B. This basically means that Pic will go into her room and then further off into her little (or big?) world of make believe for about an hour while I read as much as possible of As You Like It and The Alchemist as I can during that hour.

I promise that I'll try to stop whining about my lack of sleep and my gargantuan magnitude of reading here, but I might not be so successful. I'll try to keep it light, people, I promise. However, did I mention how far behind I am in my reading? Can I get through one-and-a-half plays and 154 sonnets before tomorrow? YES, I CAN! (It's apparently catching, isn't it?)

Oh, one more note: just four more days until my child is four! Holy criminy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was born on Valentine's Day? Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and why are you reading The Alchemist again?

Coach J said...

Speaking of The Alchemist, for some reason, the powers that be at The Academy took a look at my resume, saw I have dramaturgy experience, and have signed me up to teach both Performative Drama and a Method Acting Workshop next year. Yikes! I have never taken a drama class, never been in a play and will have no idea what I'm doing. I'm screwed.