Sunday, May 4, 2008

8 days to go...

Three words to sum up my state-of-mind right now (or they would describe my state-of-mind if I felt I still possessed a mind): End. Of. Semester.

I'm taking a break from my painstakingly-slow writing to address some other stuff...so, on to other things.

I've been tagged! I'm to write six quirky things about me, so I'll quickly jot those down here:

1. I like to paint my fingernails and toenails two shades, alternating the colors (many of you have seen evidence of this).
2. I count stairs (they're 43 from the main quad to Palmer Engineering, 49 from Evans to Morrill Hall, 42 from the lower quad to the Old Ed building...you get the picture).
3. I don't like most of my foods to touch and I like to finish eating one item on my plate before I begin eating another.
4. I catalogue my books and Pic's books (and we both have "From the library of..." stamps).
5. I put my playing cards and crayons away "in order."
6. I read almost all of my school reading aloud (this semester, Pic has been treated to The Faerie Queene, Gerusalemme Liberata, Orlando Furioso and plenty of secondary reading on these works).

Okay, so here are the rules:

The Rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. [I was tagged by Lori at Serendipity and Rain.]

2. Mention the rules on your blog. [Here they are.]

3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. [See above.]

4. Tag 6 bloggers and link them. [I'll get to the tags when I have the time to figure them all out.]


-------------------

In the meantime, I just clicked on the OED's "At a loss for words?" button and the random word I got was "spheral." The first things that came to mind were Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee. They are definitely spheral, and freaky as all get-out. I am not a fan of Disney's Alice in Wonderland because it creeps me out and these two characters are a large part of that. (Then, there's always that picture of the long-necked Alice in the book...also creeps me out.)

2 comments:

The Furie Queene said...

Hmmm... I have no idea what it means to put crayons back in order. Do you put them back according to a color chart? Or in order of your favorite to least favorite color? Or something altogether different?

Lori said...

I love how many of the quirks you listed that I can relate to. (There are 17 stairs in my house, BTW) Great minds, huh?