Thursday, April 30, 2009

nearing the end

I attended a group exit interview meeting/luncheon for student loan borrowers today.

First of all, I was expecting boxes-upon-boxes of greasy take-out pizza. I was pleasantly surprised to find spinach salad, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, rolls and grilled chicken topped with tomatoes. Someone at my table quipped, 'This is where all of our tuition money has been going.'

Second of all, I try not to think too much about my student loans. I'd already decided that I'd try to like to make it through my PhD program without having to take any out (who knows if that will happen). However, at this point, I've been in school and borrowing money for a long time. I'd just like to say, 'Holy should-have-been-an-underwear-model-to-pay-my-way-through-college, Batman!'

2 comments:

Coach J said...

Exit luncheon? All I got was a "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

Anonymous said...

You'll probably be able to manage the PhD without financial aid since you have your hubby's income to support you. There's no way I could have done it. Consider yourself lucky. :)