Friday, April 17, 2009

shoes and a tune

I'm looking for new sandals. I kind of want Keens, but, hello, I can't just yet bring myself to spend that much money on a pair of sandals. Cardo made an off-hand remark today about me not wanting to spend $40 on a pair of shoes and he's kind of right. I don't really want to spend that much on a pair of shoes. However, this doesn't mean that I won't. I just have a long history of buying Payless shoes. Unlike the rest of me, my feet went through ridiculous growth spurts (my feet are gigantic in proportion to my height) and my mom would only let me get shoes at Payless. I'm totally going with this philosophy. As long as we have to buy news shoes for Pic twice a year, we're not spending a ton on them (I'm still concerned about practicality and making sure the soles aren't paper thin and all, of course). But I have to constantly remind myself that my own feet haven't grown since...high school, I guess? I could buy a good quality pair of shoes and keep it for years, so it's not as bad if I spend more money on my shoes, right? Right?

Back to Cardo's comment. I have bought much more expensive shoes. In fact, I own two pairs of Keens right now. One sneakers pair (that really look like a 16-year-old's shoes, but they were on sale) and a pair that have more of a Mary Jane's look (also on sale). So, yes, most of my shoes are still inexpensive ones, but I'm working on it, or something.

Also, back to his comment. We went to REI earlier tonight to look at Keens sandals. Um, $40? Right? Let's try $85-95. Not happening. So, we're planning a trip elsewhere to see about sales. Otherwise, I'll get something else. It's just hard for me to justify spending that much at once (although I have helped to support the school Starbucks for the last two semesters $3-5 at a time). Ah, well.

Okay, so I can't not include a picture. I'm scrolling through Zappos and really wondering about some of the finds. Here're two:



I just think this first pair is, um...interesting. Uh, yeah. And, not for my feet.



This second pair? I can spend $325 to look even more like a kid than I already do. And I feel badly about spending not even a third as much on an extremely practical pair of shoes? What's wrong with this picture?

Anyhow, enough of the shoes. Now for the tune. This is what I'm listening to right now (which probably is important to no one, but I just thought I'd share):



Mumford and Sons [technically only Marcus Mumford here] 'Roll Away Your Stone'

0 comments: