Monday, June 16, 2008

a day in the life of an undomestic

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head…

Thanks, boys. My morning’s resemblance to the song ends here. Well, there were stairs involved and I did feel late. However, there was no “cup” (only, now I am having a glass of water), no smoke and no bus.

Actually, after Cardo left for work (late?), I was treated to several more minutes of sleep before naked Pic joined me in bed. She plopped her favorite purple dress in my bed so I could help her on with it. We brushed our teeth and she went to grab underwear and stockings. (One day, I said “stockings” instead of “tights” and it has stuck.) We applied copious amounts of sunscreen and tramped downstairs where I threw the rest of her lunch together, poured her juice, grabbed her napmat and a just-in-case pair of panties. After a bit of playing, shoes were on and we were out of the door. Two minutes later, we had walked across the street to her school and, less than ten minutes later, I was back home.

And…I’m done. Have I always been this tired, I wonder? I think so. And I don’t think so. I just want to crawl over to the couch, drag myself up and sleep until it’s time to pick Pic up from school. Of course, I cannot, because that’s just not how life works, most of the time.

Ah, well, I’ll head over to the mall and select even more stationery from Papyrus (sale!). Then, I’ll come home and work, clean, do some yoga, turn a movie on, turn the movie off because I can’t concentrate on it, go to the library, fetch Pic, make a cake, comfort sick Cardo, make turkey breast and something for dinner, stay up too late, go to sleep and start all over again.

I’ll end with another song (and, yes, I felt it necessary to alert you that the following is a song): Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. (Thanks Phoebe.)

1 comments:

kate said...

At least you're doing SOMETHING. I have been sitting on my butt all day knitting. I have plans to do things but then I figure "oh, just one more row" or "I'll just wait til the end of this show" or "well, let's see what's going on in internetland."

You need to post pictures of your new paper. I miss Papyrus.