Monday, June 16, 2008

mama's got a squeezebox...or not

I haven’t been able to find the faceplate to my car stereo since I returned from Seattle, so my car has been NPR and music free. I’ve been very sad. And a little crazy; I only know one song non-obnoxious-children’s song completely by heart (this can’t be right, I keep thinking, but I can’t think of any other songs I know completely by heart). So, for the past three weeks, I’ve been on repeat of Janis Joplin’s “Mercedes Benz”*. I’m annoying myself, but I can’t help it. Before I realize it, I’m on the Dialing-for-Dollars stanza and then it just becomes a seemingly-endless loop.

Anyway, here’s a today in history note: 1967
The three-day Monterey International Pop Music Festival - which catapulted Jimi Hendrix, the Who and Janis Joplin to stardom - opened in northern California.

* This is a different youtube video than I linked to before. I love that a night on the town is a trip to the library.

0 comments: