Friday, June 20, 2008

pic

It's late and I'm getting tired. I still have plenty of laundry to dry and fold and then I'll probably read a bit before I go to bed. I just wanted to share a few things before I headed off with the b-52s to dreamland.

First of all: a big Congratulations to Ms S who just received news that she was accepted to a Masters program at Kings College in London! Best of luck next (school) year.

















Tuesday night was Pajama Night at the library. This is one of Pic's favorite events. During storytime on Tuesday morning, Pic informed me that she didn't want to attend Pajama Night, but when Ms Judy asked her if she was coming, she said "Yes!" Of course. As Pic and I were about to head off for our walk to the library, I sent her upstairs to find her pajamas. After a few minutes, she called down to me, "I found my vagina!" She paused a moment and then called down, "I found my...pajamas!" Yeah, I thought so.

We are on day three of antibiotics for Pic's UTI. The moment she tells me she has to pee, I get her to the nearest toilet asap (faster than usual, just in case you were thinking I usually made her hold it in). Yesterday, Cardo, Pic and I were at the bank when nature called. There was no restroom available to us at the bank, so I took Pic over to Gottschalks (Yo daddy Gottschalks...hi Ms P!), leaving Cardo at the bank. As we ran in, franticly in search of a restroom sign, an employee at a display table remarked, "She's really tan." As we rushed past, I assured the woman that we applied tons of sunscreen everyday. I think she understood Pic's "tan" as we were leaving, though. Cardo came in to meet us and Pic ran down the aisle yelling "Papi!" as if it'd been days since we'd last seen him. (Just in case I somehow have random readers who've never seen us, I'm just a wee bit light-skinned, but Cardo is a self-described "brown guy." Pic got a good mix of our skin colors.) (Does anyone remember the Jackie Kay campus visit when she related a similar anecdote? While she was clothes-shopping with her mom, one of the salespeople remarked, "She's rather tan"...except you have to imagine Kay's Scottish accent there.)

I'll end with food pictures because I haven't posted any lately. I'll save tonight's dinner for another post because I still haven't shared Father's Day dinner pictures. We celebrated the day after because Cardo worked Sunday night (we took him to breakfast on Father's Day).



Here are Pic and me in our aprons from Poke:













Dinner was whole wheat spaghetti, mushroom-marinara sauce to which I added carrots, turkey, mozzarella, nectarines and sparkling white grape juice:





















Dessert was caramel cake and milk on dessert ware given to me loooong ago by Poke's mom:

1 comments:

kate said...

Ok, when I hear King's College, I think of the Anne of Green Gables series. I'm pretty sure she goes to a place called Queens College because she is not in London.

And my mom gave you dessert ware. Is it actually labeled as such? I didn't know they made such a thing. Ah, my poor mother was so lax in her etiquette training. Haha. I'm sure it was due to the stars hat she got it (although they are gold).