Thursday, June 5, 2008

i'm in the mood for...please excuse the interruption

Cardo and I were about to christen the new apartment, break out the board games, (I know, I know, we've been here a week already), when Pic's old radar kicked in. She had to have round crackers. Seriously, kid, what about my needs.

And, just as I was typing this, and as the child was supposed to be sleeping, she calls me up to her room. She either called, "Mamma, there's a little fire in my bathroom" or "Mamma, there's a little spider in my bathroom." It turns out there was a little fuzz in her sink. Which she was washing out with plenty of puffy soap, by the way.

Anyhow, picture time. We've finally eaten a dinner I prepared here in the apartment (I know, I know, it's been a week). As I mentioned, the refrigerator is about to wheeze out its last breaths and the maintenance person is coming tomorrow to fix it, so I decided we needed to use up the food in the freezer. (Yes, I was very undomestic goddessy tonight.) We had Trader Joe's party meatballs (because suddenly I'm Mrs Flax from Mermaids) in Newman's mushroom marinara sauce (which Cardo decided tasted like mole*...it did strangely transform after fifteen minutes of simmering with the meat), vegetables in cheese sauce and House of Bread sundried-tomato focaccia. [This picture is dedicated to Ms J...I read your comment just as I was about to upload this dinner picture.]





















Finally, more pictures. Pic and I are a bit dress-obsessed this spring, it seems. We've splurged on tons of dresses (from Savers), so I'll post pictures of Pic in her 'new' dresses as she wears them.

















































* say: mO-lay...just in case you were totally grossed out by what you might have thought Cardo eats

2 comments:

kate said...

HAhahahaha! Mole. That's how I read it at first glance. Then, I immediately changed it in my head. Then your comment actually made me "ewwwwwww" and laugh. Thanks. :)

kate said...

Oh, and YOU are wearing dresses? I need pictures. I believe that I have only seen you in a dress on occasions when it was required (prom and weddings to be specific).