Tuesday, July 1, 2008

and so we eat again

One of these dinners is from a bit ago. The second is from tonight (yesterday by the time I get this posted). Mmm, tonight's dinner was so good.





Dinner: Trader Joe's gnocchi, Trader Joe's garlic fries, strawberries. No secret prep. Little color. Not outrageously healthy. We were cleaning out the freezer.






Dinner: Cannellini and mozzarella bruschetta; mesclun, carrot and tuna salad. I always use S&W beans because I like the seasoning they add. I got a day-old loaf of parmesan-basil bread from House of Bread. I added dried basil because we don't have any fresh basil or parsley in the apartment. For the salad, I mixed canned tuna with O Tuscan Dressing. (O is Safeway's organic line. Actually, I don't know if it's Safeway's or not, I just know they sell it.) I added dijon mustard (we don't have yellow, but I liked the dijon) and freshly ground black pepper. I bought the bag-your-own mesclun and grated carrot onto it. No dessert. :(

3 comments:

Coach J said...

No dessert? What!? ;)

kate said...

Is that seriously all you eat? 8 gnocci, 6 fries, and 3 strawberries?!

kate said...

Who could not count that?! Anyways, it makes me much happier to know that that is not all you eat. *sigh of relief*