Tuesday, July 1, 2008

jolly 'olidays

Today is Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day. Now I want ice cream (okay, so I almost always want ice cream). Pic and I went to Recycled Records today and it’s located right next to Swenson’s. It was all I could do to not go to Swenson’s afterward.

“It was all I/he/she/etc could do” is one of those phrases I’ve had a weird relationship with over the years. I’ve always wanted to know the rest of the story. What was all someone could do? What else did said person try before reaching the all-important “it”?

Speaking of such phrases…recently I went on a daytrip with friends. On the road, we discussed pet-peeve phrases/words. Included was “I could care less.” Apparently I’m not the only one bothered by the phrase. “Really?” I want to ask, “how much less could you care?” Actually, I could probably not care less how much less someone else could care. (Did you follow that?)

One I didn’t bring up but that was cemented in my head (literally) when I was young, is “It was in the last place I looked.” I remember that my dad has always taken issue with this phrase. When I was old enough to understand, I had to agree. I’ve heard a stand-up comic rant on this subject, about who continues to look after she’s found her item.

One other phrase I have a secret relationship with (okay, so Lil shares this) is “To make a long story short….” I always want to yell out “Too late!” (Watch Clue, you’ll get it.)

Okay, so before I forget, I’d just like to mention that tomorrow is Mullet Day. That reminds me, I’d like a haircut.

Listening to: The Guess Who and the B-52s.

1 comments:

Coach J said...

Literally...that's hilarious.