Thursday, December 31, 2009

got a feeling twenty-ten is gonna be a good year

Goodbye to 2009. The year of the end of an era in my life. (An era I can't wait to revive...or something. I'm not sure eras are revivable.) The year of a false start for me. The year in which we said goodbye to poor little Lucky and to Dona R/Abuelita.

Welcome 2010. The year Pic will start elementary (seriously, how did we manage to make it this far?). Another year in which we will move, but we hope this move will be much more long-lasting. A year in which I hope to begin building toward our grand plans for our grown-up lives.

I have a lot of hope for this upcoming year. I have hope for myself and for you all too. Here's to a great year.

We ended this year on a good note: a visit to Coach J and Company's new home. Pic had playmates for the evening! Cardo and I had fun entertaining a wee one (and, yes, we're still sure we don't want more of our own). It was great to catch up and hang out.

Cardo's melting with exhaustion (picture that) so I'm sure he's not going to make it to kiss my garlicky self (oh, but dinner was good) at midnight, but that's okay. Just being here at home with my little family is plenty for me.

Happy New Year! Felice Anno Nuovo!

------------


[The Who - 1921] No video and the song doesn't really fit what I feel (a deaf, dumb and blind future-pinball wizard...I can't even create a satisfactory metaphor for that right now), it's just that I keep singing to myself "Got a feeling twenty-ten is gonna be a good year" and apparently I'm not the only one.

1 comments:

Kat said...

I hope 2010 is a great year for you and yours!