Friday, January 1, 2010

happy freaking new year

I finally hauled myself out of bed this morning to the sounds of my neighbors screaming at each other. Ah, the sounds of love.

Anyhow, we're planning on hanging out around the apartment today. Pic is watching It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown because we have been lax in watching and sending back the Netflix movies lately. I can't wait until we get this set of movies sent back, though, because up next should be The Shop Around the Corner, recommended to me by Ms Kat. I watched it way back when she recommended it, but it's been a while. If we owned it, I'd watch it much more often. My last Netflix choice was somewhat unfortunate. Four Christmases. Ugh. Big fat UGH. I'm still not exactly sure why I watched it, but I won't be doing that ever again.

Cardo's working on his car and I'm doing laundry and posting here. I'm really hoping we'll be able to get out for a walk later today, though. Please cooperate weather. The sky is pretty grey right now, so we'll see.

So, minus our neighbors' heated argument earlier, we're having a quiet new year so far...just the way I like things. I hope everyone else is able to take some time off for themselves also.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Happy freaking new year to you too!

I just watched The Man From Snowy River, which I love love love. And we are getting the new Indiana Jones which I have not watched because I heard it was kind of terrible and I was waiting for my expectations to lower before viewing it.

Four Christmases looks kinda terrible. I am glad to hear my instincts are confirmed.

There is a musical version of Shop Around the Corner with Judy Garland and Van Johnson as well. It is almost the same, but with singing. Just in case you wanted another version to check out. It is called In the Good Old Summertime. I watched on TMC a couple of weeks ago. It was all right. I like the Jimmy Stewart one the best though.

v said...

Oooh, thanks for the new recommendations.

We saw the Indiana Jones in the theatre. It was what I had expected it to be.

I think that I might just not be a fan of the main guy in Four Christmases (um, I can picture him but I cannot think of his name). It really wasn't just him and they way he acts, though.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! Just got back into town last night. Hope to see you soon!