Tuesday, February 2, 2010

on comments...musings

I read a couple of blogs that everyone else in the whole wide blogosphere also reads. (Yes, I'm exaggerating here. That's what I do.) I enjoy these blogs, hence my reading them, but does it make a difference if I comment or not? I'm not adding profound insights to the conversation, especially because by the time I comment a hundred-plus other people have already commented, but sometimes I want to leave a comment anyhow.

What do you all think? To comment or not to comment? (To paraphrase a phrase that has been manipulated by a ridiculous amount of people or not to...yeah, you get it.)

Also on comments, here's this:


"Yo Comments Are Wack!" [You probably want to watch this on your own if very young kids are around.]

I came across this through a Grammar Girl podcast. Also, see their disclaimer, especially if you are thirteen or have epilepsy (especially if you are a porcupine has epilepsy).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I leave a comment if I feel that I want the person who posted to hear what I have to say. Otherwise, I don't feel that simply because I read a blog I need to comment on it.

kate said...

I agree with Gunma.

v said...

Thanks for the input. I know that some people make a teeny tiny bit of money from their blogs and that their sponsors keep track of numbers of followers and comments. So, if I really enjoy a blog, this is why I feel compelled to comment. (For those who I know make plenty of money from their blogs, I figure my comment isn't going to make a difference.)