Thursday, March 11, 2010

it's the sun, it's the sun...

...it's the beautiful sun! (The song goes on, but I digress. Quick, Coach J, you take it from there!)

We've been getting out no matter how incredibly freezing-freaking-cold it's been. And, about that cold, it's weird. We dropped Cardo off at work today and a woman on the radio let us know that today's high is going to be 53 degrees [F, I have no idea in Celsius]. She said that it would be "warm." And? I agreed with her. I've been here a long, long time, when I agree that below sixty is going to be warm. There are a couple of days next week when the forecast is calling for 66 and 67 [I haven't a clue how to get the degree symbol on here], and I'm thinking, "Hey, I won't even have to wear a jacket. I can pull out my shorts." Okay, so the shorts thing is not at all serious.

So, yeah, about that cold. It's really the Wind and her chill factor that have been causing the problem. A couple of weeks ago, we were out walking, me without my jacket even. Then, this Tuesday, when Pic and I went out, we only made it to one of the nearby grocery stores and hung out there until Cardo got off work and picked us up (yes, I think some people were beginning to wonder what the crud we were doing, but there's a coffee counter and some seating so it's not like we were wandering the aisles for over an hour (I know) without basket or cart).

Yesterday, I woke up to a thin layer of snow on the ground outside and I was very disappointed. (I wanted no snow, not more snow, mind you.) Pic and I still went out in the afternoon anyhow and, when Cardo got off, we all went for another walk outside together. And, I'm planning more sunshine and chilly air for later this afternoon.

So, Winter, I apologize. I tried not to will you away, but I think I'm doing it anyhow. It's been fun, what with sledding and making snow ducks and such, but I'm ready for Spring to arrive. Please, Winter, don't be too upset and send me a big old load of snow for wishing to part ways until December. Please.


Ah, ducks, welcome to my little duckpond. :)



I don't know the names of flora and fauna. I just don't. I've given a lot of thought to the subject, but I don't feel I need to start another post right here.


Pic "filling up with air," she explained to me.

-------------

Note: When cutting down the size of my pictures, I reverted to what I used to do, leaving me with very unclear pictures here, but I really don't want to spend any more time at the computer right now. I either want to be in a deep, dark sleep (not going to happen at the moment) or outside.

2 comments:

Coach J said...

Umm.... I think it's "flying high in the sky, smiling on everyone!" Or something like that. I try to block it out.

v said...

Yep, it's definitely something like that. :)

I have tried to forget it, but we haven't had that toy in over two years, so by now I think it's just ingrained in my memory FOREVER.