Monday, January 4, 2010

ah, lovable...cones?

I just saw this ad on Sociological Images



I know that the print is small, but right at her waist, it says, "'ADD-vantage' turns Small Figures into EYE-CATCHERS!" All I can think in response to that line is that it looks more like ADD-vantage turns breasts into eye-poker-outers.

Oh, oh, also, in the smaller texts, the copy claims, "Slip it on...instantly you look fuller, rounder...you sense admiring glances, and only you know why!" Actually, I think those oglers are thinking something more along the lines of, "Are they really shaped like that?"

I'll never understand the desire to make breasts look quite so conical. Hmm.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Vanity Fair is no longer making my favorite bra. It took me years to find one I liked, and now I am on the hunt again. I can't believe how difficult it is to find a bra that looks "natural." Believe me there are still cone breast bras out there. I don't get it at all.

Anonymous said...

Cone bras crack me up. Madonna wins the award to taking this to the extreme.