Friday, January 1, 2010

on comments

I've been meaning to post something on this for quite some time, but, for whatever reason, I just haven't.

I'm never sure where to post comments to others' comments. I don't subscribe to RSS feeds, so I always have to check back on others' blogs to see if someone has responded to my comments. I'm just self-centered enough that I figure that others don't subscribe to RSS feeds, either (even though I have buttons for doing so here and I've seen them elsewhere). Actually, I just never much think about it.

So, sometimes I post my own responses to responses in my own comments and sometimes I got back to your sites and post my comments there. I think I've finally made up my mind that if I'm solely responding to something you've posted in a comment, I'll comment there. I like to think of the comments as a place for further conversation, but it can't really be if no one goes back and reads the comments.

Anyhow, I'll try this for a bit and see how it goes. (This would be so much more of an issue if I had more than a handful of readers. Fortunately, my dearest readers, we don't have such a big problem here.)

How do you all deal with this? (Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks about this while she's away from the computer.)

2 comments:

v said...

I've started to go back and check if there have been comments in response on other people's blogs. I'm somewhat random about this, though. It just seems to make more sense to keep the comments going on the post they're comments for. It's so not a perfect system, though.

Kat said...

It is prolly the OCD, but I hate it when people talk about things non-post related on blogs. I get really disappointed when there is a comment and it doesn't "go there." I actually get irritated... I am not sure what that says about me, but there it is.