Friday, January 22, 2010

food love and yearning

I have just finished catching up on the archives of Bread & Honey. Oh, I so need to be back in the kitchen. I bookmarked roughly nine hundred (give or take, y'know) recipes from this blog.

Oh Food, how I miss you.

In the meantime: a snack and a food fail (bad news first):


My attempt at chow mein (except when I looked it up on epicurious, it matched more closely with the definition for lo mein). I got a recipe for chow mein from Cooking Light, but I made several changes. I was not impressed, which is too bad, because this made a ton of food. I don't believe I'll try this again.


I have gone through a major cracker phase lately. I still haven't made my own crackers (but they are on the to-make list), so I've just been eating the thirty million crackers we bought from Costco. Cracker, colby jack, Gala apple slices; place under broiler until melty. Mmm. Good, quick snack.

2 comments:

6512 and growing said...

Came here from Blankie Chronicles and saw your Catherine Newman links. She is a favorite of mine too.
Have you made her cracker recipe? she makes it sound so easy...I think I'll tackle that one when my kids are way older.

Rachel @ 6512 and growing

v said...

Hi Rachel! I've been away from my computer (not-so-voluntarily). I apologize for taking so long to respond.

I have yet to make the crackers although I have plenty of ingredients. I think I'm a bit daunted by the prospect, but I definitely want to try. I *am* making her corn chowder (recipe from 1/5/09 on Dalai Mama Dishes) for dinner tomorrow night.