Tuesday, January 5, 2010

needed: blog project

Hello All,

I'm feeling adrift here in the great blogosphere. I need something to focus my attention around these parts. I'm wanting a blog project. Suggestions?

I'm interested in something having to do with photography, although I have a point-and-shoot and I don't know how to do anything special with it. I don't want to subject everyone to a bunch of terrible pictures, but I do so love visual images. I'm thinking something like the outside/inside photographs I've seen on other blogs. Ooh, I also have seen people collect photographs based on themes like color. I like the idea of photography projects because they force me to pay attention to details, scenes, moments that I might otherwise miss.

I'm also interested in something food related. A month of muffins perhaps? A year in cookies? Thirteen ways of looking at a pizza crust (ooh, ooh, that's a definite possibility)?

Crafting chronicles. I have a bunch of skeins of yarn and Furie Queene's knitting needles and I'd love to learn to knit something, if only for what I imagine to be the therapeutic repetitiveness of performing the same knit stitch over and over again. (Of course, I'll have to get past that whole making a big fat knot in the yarn stage I seem to so enjoy visiting.) I'm thinking of knitting scarves.

So, really, I have been looking for a new hobby and I suppose that I'm asking not only for blog projects, but also for a hobby. Insights very welcome.

Grazie mille,
v

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love food blogs, so my selfish suggestion would be something food related. Maybe a month devoted to a single House of Bread's bread, showing your attempts at recreating it? And then you could try another bread the next month? Again, like I said, this is a selfish suggestion. I love HoB's bread (especially the garden herb -- yum!), and if you could figure out how to make them, I could steal your recipes! :D

If you'd like to start knitting, we could try to regularly get together for that. I'm in the middle of three projects, so setting time to do those would help me out, too. I don't remember why we didn't continue with that. I think everyone's schedules conflicted, but I would be happy if it was only you and me knitting together. :)

That's my two cents. Oh, and the pizza dough idea sounds good, too.

Kat said...

Food is good.

I also like the idea of tracking a single color. Taking photos of all the red images you see in a week or day. Or if you are me, all the green things.

Maybe picking a word and then taking pictures of things you see that represent that word for you: Joy--a child on a swing, a dog with a ball etc.

But, then I do love cookies and muffins, so, it's a tough call.

v said...

Oh, the garden herb bread *is* so delicious. I love it toasted to serve either with soup or as sandwich bread. I'm not sure I'm adventurous enough to attempt to recreate recipes. Hmm.

Also, I like the idea of photographing a set of images that represent a certain word for me.

Thanks for the suggestions, both of you. I'm a bit in a transitional phase at the moment, but I have bigger hopes for February.