Tuesday, May 12, 2009

and it's on

So, Cardo finally called my parents today to tell them I didn't want to go to graduation (yes, I made him do it). And...we're going to graduation.

As the wise Ms A and Ms J said to me on Monday, my parents were going to want to go. Cardo finally told me that he also wants to go, but I had to ask him directly. He didn't want me to go just because he wanted me to go.

So, I'll be bringing a book. I'm told the graduation ceremony will be short. Then...? (That's actually kind of a scary question mark, but I really meant it in the context of the rest of the night, not the rest of my life.)

Graduation is on Friday at 4:50p. I'm not inviting anyone, I'm just telling you when. I can't very well invite anyone else to something I don't want to attend.

I'm not trying to be harsh or unfeeling here. I have a lot of feelings about graduation and about what I just did with the last three-and-a-half years (yeah, I know) of my life. I just don't want to discuss them or even really let them out of their tidy little box right now.

I'm thrilled that my parents are coming to visit. We've been counting down for the last week. (This is how I learned Pic can subtract.) We're making plans for what to do while they're here, where to take them. We don't see them very often so this'll be great.

I'm also grateful and happy that I have a partner who is so supportive of me. I can only hope he feels the same way about me.

I just am, for my own reasons, dreading the actual graduation. So, now I'll just think of it as a two-hour commitment I have to get through and it'll be done. Okay.

1 comments:

Coach J said...

Can we at least take you out to dinner? Please? :)