Thursday, May 14, 2009

ugh...

Yes, that was the best title I could come up with. Today has been less than stellar.

I went to sleep too late (I fell asleep on my books, my glasses on, the light on) and woke up too early. Cardo, Pic and I briefly stopped at House of Bread and then we went to Virginia City to pick up some bookcases we bought from a Craigslister. Actually, we bought yet another one while we were at the person's house. (We now have ten bookcases of various sizes in our home and I'm pretty sure that's still not enough for all of the books to fit without stuffing more in the cracks.)

We stopped at the Summit on the way home because I have decided I'd like a new dress if I will be attending graduation (yeah, yeah, I'll be wearing a (borrowed) gown over it, but only for two hours). I found only one I liked but Cardo said it looked too big (the smallest size they had left was one size too big) and I really wanted something with some color and the dress was black, white and grey. I tried on a $160 dress at one store, but only because I didn't look at the price before the clerk ushered me back to the fitting room. I figured I had to try it on then. It looked dreadful (really, it was full of dread). We tried a few more stores, but no dice. (By the way, the dresses at Old Navy make me look either like I'm pregnant (I'm not, but I'll get to that in a bit) or like I'm trying to disguise myself as a giant, colorful beetle. UGH.)

I started to feel like crap, so we came home. Cardo went to work and I took a nap for an hour-and-a-half. I felt so badly that I thought I was dying. (Okay, so this was my dream, but it took me a bit to realize that I was dreaming that I thought I was dying.) I woke up and realized I had a headache from lack of proper nutrition and hydration and cramps from my period that FINALLY decided to make a freaking appearance. I was wondering how long I'd be able to hold old before I broke out that extra pregnancy test we have in the cupboard. At the same time I'm over-freaking-joyed that my period has come, I'm cursing it for being here. Yeah, I make tons of logical sense. It's what I do.

So, now, I'm taking a break from writing. I have 100 lines left to compose. I should have been finished days ago so I could be in the revision stage, but revision has been happening all throughout and I'm sure that what will result will be something like an ugly patchwork quilt made by someone who doesn't know how to sew. I just came in to save my paper to the computer and also e-mail it to myself so I now have four saved copies. I've been doing this for the last few days. Yes, I'm paranoid.

I'm also washing some laundry. I still have to sweep the Other Bathroom (this is how I think of it in my head...we don't really use it, because why would we use a spacious bathroom when we can all cram into the much smaller one in our room?), wash the dishes and clean the bathtub in our bathroom. I hadn't been planning on sleeping tonight anyhow, but just thinking of all this makes me want to lay my head down on this desk and weep quietly until I fall asleep in a small pool of my cooling tears. (Yes, I know, I need more sleep.)

So, I'll leave y'all with one more image. I am going through my paper from top to bottom (it's on the computer screen -- I'm scrolling from top to bottom...it's not just another worn-out cliche, I promise) and filling in the places that need more explication. I was thinking it's like the paper right now is like a cake with little mounds of frosting splotched all over it and I'm going through the process of smoothing it all out, filling in the gaps, making it look tasty (or something). I can only hope I'm successful, but I have a feeling that if my paper were a cake it might be a contender on Cake Wrecks.

Okay, back to work...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel*.

I need a conclusion, and I've needed it for the last two hours. I don't know what's taking me so long, but at least I moved things around and filled in all the frosting-less spaces during those two hours.






*No disclaimer --> it is cliche-ville