Friday, May 15, 2009

Doña Rosa

Can't sleep. I was already anxious about the end of this semester, and then we got a one-in-the-morning phone call.

Cardo's mom died last night. He seems to be okay, but I think it's just going to take some time to sink in. While I'm sure he's not going to want to discuss it, and I don't want to talk about it here or now, I would appreciate any good thoughts you could think his way.

Thanks.

I'm glad Pic got to meet Abuelita in December. We aren't sure how or exactly when we're going to tell Pic that Abuelita has died. I think we're going to wait for Saturday morning, when Pic'll be with us, not at school, all day.

I have to try to get some sleep for an hour-and-a-half before we head to the airport to pick up Nana and Papa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

kate said...

I'm so sorry. I wish there was something better to say, but there just aren't words. You and Cardo and the rest of Cardo's family are in my thoughts.