Tuesday, May 5, 2009

mixed blessing

One of my profs just e-mailed to say that we can have an extra day on our papers. I have plans to finish that paper today (I'm very slowly working my way through the paper and the annotated bibliography), so I don't know that the extra time is a good thing. I want to be finished with the paper. I don't really want extra time, although I could always use it to clean up my writing (with industrial-strength white vinegar and water, of course).

Okay, I still plan to finish that paper today, because I really need to get into gear on the other one. I may, may, hold onto the paper for an extra day, though, but I kind of hope not. (I would want to hold onto it, though, because I really don't want him to read mine first...or last. How about right in the middle when he's already worked through eighty pages of writing and has another hundred or so to go?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish he hadn't sent that email so early in the day. I had made a lot of (necessary) progress on the paper until I found out we have another day. I need it done NOW!

Coach J said...

I usually try to get rid of those papers as early as possible. Another day means another chance to procrastinate in my book.