Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ads of shame

The Furie Queene just sent me this link and I have to share it.

15 Sexiest Vintage Ads [NOT my title]

Seriously, go look at the ads. I won't respond to them all, but I would like to make a few remarks.

Mr. Leggs -- Oh, of course, because you're wearing snazzy 'Dacron' pants, you can definitely (or defiantly) walk all over me. 'Doll to doll carpet'? Really?

Beauty in the Morning -- Wow. I must be really lucky that Cardo ever comes home.

PEP -- Oh, that's what I've been missing.

And, my favorite...Lysol -- Oh. my. god. Really? Are wive's bodies really that disgusting that they need to douche with LYSOL lest their husbands refuse to grant them entrance to the bedroom. Or, were they? LYSOL. (I just can't get over that. Lysol making feminine hygiene products.)

Well, you'll have to excuse me because I need to go gently weep until Cardo buys me something pretty.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your last statement in this post cracks me up.

Is it disturbing that I have seen 7 of the 10 most bizarre vending machines in person?