Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the covert covert cat

One of the boys has been hiding under the bed for the past couple of days. I've barely seen him out from under there. He has stopped coming to sleep on my pillow at night (he usually takes the whole thing over and I wake up in the middle of a struggle for my pillow before I remember he's there).

I haven't seen him eat and I'm pretty certain he's the one who peed on one of our blankets yesterday (not a blanket on our bed, for which I am thankful). The cat pan has been emptier (sorry for sharing, but it's true).

He came out earlier to use the pan and his brother started biting him, as usual. His brother usually just gets a mouthful of his back and sits there. There's no blood drawn or anything.

Anyhow, I'm worried about him and we'll be taking him for a doctor's visit on Thursday. Cardo will, no doubt, be entirely less than pleased (can we say, understatement of the decade?) with this, and we'll have to figure how to get him out and back in without being too obvious, but I'm worried and he has to go.

Pic and I have been laying on the floor to reach under the bed and pet him, but he usually comes out to sit with us or lay with us and he's stopped doing this. When he came out earlier, I picked him up and he felt lighter.

We think he was seven when we adopted him, which would make him about eight-and-a-half now. He was found in a field, along with many other cats, so the people at the Humane Society weren't exactly sure about his age.

Please keep some good thoughts for him. He's a good cat and I love having him as part of our family (as I've told him many times). Thanks.

2 comments:

Coach J said...

Oh, poor kitty! Good luck sneaking him in and out.

kate said...

Oh I hope little kitty is better soon. Do you have any tuna? When my cats are feeling down, we give them the "juice" from the tuna and they perk up a bit. Maybe that will help.