Monday, December 22, 2008

again...i think not

I was recently talking to my sister about feeling like this horrible stereotype of a wife: The Nagging Wife. I'm constantly trying to get Cardo to do excruciating things, like close the utensil drawer once he's extracted his utensil of choice or rinse his dishes when he's finished eating. I hate to listen to me, but I'm hoping one day all of the nagging will amount to something.

However, I'm suddenly starting to embrace this Nagging Wife personality, because, sure as I'm sittin' here, I'm never going to be The Surrendered Wife.

Just a small excerpt:

Compassionate and practical, The Surrendered Wife is a step-by-step guide that teaches women how to:

Give up unnecessary control and responsibility
Express their needs while also respecting their husband's choices
Resist the temptation to criticize, belittle or dismiss their husbands
Trust their husbands in every aspect of marriage - from sexual to financial...and more.


I DON'T THINK SO!

I was just miniranting to Cardo earlier about the ultimate docility of Kate/Lilli at the end of Kiss Me Kate (sometimes my feminist filter is unturnoffable [score one for word creation]).

I might seem quiet to some and I have a severe aversion to most conflict, but I'm pretty healthily undocile in my marriage, thank you very much. I like to think that this means that I'm so entirely comfortable with Cardo that I can be my usually bitchy self around him when the need arises.

---------------------

I'm also reading the archives of finslippy and this is from one of her October '06 posts. I've not mentioned this here before, but I freaking love this woman's writing. So, so good. How have I lived all of this time without it?

0 comments: