Thursday, December 4, 2008

noises off, anyone?

Okay. (I just typed Olay...bullfighting anyone?).

I am beyond annoyed with the production Coach J and I are a part of right now. We have one week until opening night (and one week and one day until closing night) and lines STILL aren't memorized. Yes, people, STILL.

I am finishing up my other class, which means researching, writing, presenting, blah, blah, blah. I'm also moving on Saturday. And there's also a graduation to attend!

Yesterday, Coach J and I both receieved an e-mail imploring us to attend every outside-of-school-hours rehearsal from here until opening night. Yes, they are freaking out, but, um, hell-the-freak-o, what have you all been doing for the last few months? Sticking to our schedule? No. Learning lines at home? Again, no. Putting a decent amount of effort into this. Not so much.

I shouldn't be too hard, though, because there are a couple of people who have their stuff together. The costume list (by character, act and scene) was ready on time...although it was created by a director and not by the costuming people. The set is getting there. At least one of our main characters has all of her lines memorized, as far as we can tell.

However, the students have also switched out at least three parts to date. We have no idea where the lighting and sound tech is in his process. The programs might or might not be ready and they might or might not have everyone's names (actors, characters, techs) listed properly. Blocking, I think, has finally been figured out.

Well, I have an appointment so I have to stop venting/whining/rambling now. Please, keep your fingers crossed.

0 comments: