Saturday, December 13, 2008

mmm...food

Well, I have eaten a single piece of peanut butter toast, some tortilla chips, a bean/rice/chicken burrito and a small side of lettuce and tomato today. I'm hungry and debating heading out to the grocery store even though it's the middle of the night almost.

I woke up somewhat late this morning (nine) and didn't have much time to linger over a feast-like breakfast (hence the peanut butter toast...which I did not drop on Pic's head). We finally saw Ms A and Mr J again, after so many weeks of not seeing them. We even remembered to bring their housewarming gift, which has lived with us for some months. (Their joint birthday gift -- we're relatively not-rich and they share a birthday month -- remains an inhabitant of La Casa B, though. Oops.) We all met up at the climbing gym and we took Pic climbing for the first time. She loved it! It was great to see her scale the wall and then learn to come back down. She does this frog-legged descent thing which cracks me up. She was good for probably over an hour before she was ready to do something else (namely, run underneath another climber and then proceed to have a meltdown...quickly followed by me also having a meltdown). We didn't bring the camera (who knows where that is in this moving-in madness?) but Cardo did get a picture with his camera phone. I just hope we can figure out how to get that picture onto the computer somehow. We're starting her early and I'm hoping she'll stay hooked because this is a great family (and friend) activity. I never thought that I'd be a climber, and, well, I'm not yet, but I may call myself one someday. Pic has inherited this natural ability (dare I say, or even talent) from Cardo, which is nice.

After climbing, Cardo, Pic and I ate lunch. When we got back home, I curled under some blankets on the couch and listened to National Treasure (which Cardo was watching). I woke up and decided that my uterus hates me and wants me to die, so I went back to sleep. Once I finally dragged myself up (sleep, unfortunate as it is to learn, does not cure cramps), Cardo curled up on the couch to sleep. He's been there for almost five hours now. He'll be up at some ungodly hour, unable to get back to sleep. I'm actually kind of waiting for him to get up so we can eat some freaking dinner in the middle of the freaking night.

I just got off the phone with my sister. I had called to wish my nephew "Happy Birthday!" but he is at a concert with Uncle B. It was great to talk to Auntie L, though, especially because we haven't talked in so long. She was making a kitchen masterpiece (my niece said the chef-d'oeuvre* looked like someone threw up on it...I'll give more detail after tomorrow). We also discussed Trader Joe's. Oh how I miss Trader Joe's. I haven't been in so long, but a trip is imminent. I need toothpaste, shampoo and facewash. And think of all the ridiculously yummy food I could buy. Okay, now I'm sufficiently hungry. I think I'll head over to the store and then come back here and watch an episode of Murder, She Wrote and think about sleeping later.

--------------------

* I have a 'word-of-the-day' screen saver and this term was from a few days ago.

2 comments:

Coach J said...

Okay, now I'm hungry. Thanks.

Kids are freakishly good climbers, aren't they? I swear, they can do in one day what it takes adult climbers weeks to learn, damn them. I wish you had pics of Pic!

Your word verification today is "recounar." Sounds like some obscure Spanish verb. Yo recouno. Tu recounas.

kate said...

It snowed today in Vegas. Like, real, true, stick to the ground snow! I got pictures. I know you probably don't care since you see it all the time up there, but Mike and I were pretty dang excited. I guess it's because we know it's not going to stick around. :)