Sunday, December 7, 2008

and we're still off...

The move is still on and going pretty strong. Okay, well, maybe not that strong. There isn't much left to do. Mainly cleaning and moving two more biggish things that I can't fit into my car.

It's weird being in the new place. Last night, I told Cardo that I felt like we were in a hotel room (although larger than any hotel room I've ever been in). He looked at me quizzically (really) and I had to explain that it didn't feel like we were "home" yet. I figure we'll be moving relatively soon anyhow, so what will I do if this does start to feel like home? SSDD, right? Yep.

The move has been interesting. I have been finding stuff in weird random places (like my one pair of skimpy little panties in the middle of the floor or Cardo's slippers mixed in with Pic's toys). Also, I have been not finding other things (like my phone charger -- I will be without telephonic [yeah, yeah, not a word, I don't think] devices tomorrow as my cell will be dead and our stupid telephone service provider's systems were down when we tried to transfer service before the weekend got underway).

Tomorrow will be a freaking longer than long day. I only teach one of my classes, but I have to present a paper. Be prepared for hugely unspectacularness. I am still composing. Yippie-chi!* Cardo was surprised when I told hime I needed today to compose. He wanted me to clean out the kitchen in the old place and I told him, "Okay, but then I have to work on my paper." He looked at me, shock writ large on his face, and said, "I'll just do it then." Okay, butthead, nice mastering of the old guilt-trip. So, I took a few hours out to gather crap from the old place and move it to the new one. After school tomorrow, I'll clean the old place so we can give back our keys Tuesday morning.

I was really worried about the garage and all of the crap in there (including an extra car engine...when I asked Cardo how much it weighed, he told me "Some"). However, we have friends with superpowers. A few of them came over this evening and knocked out that mess in about an hour. Freaking marvelous!

Our apartment still is a disaster zone, but it will be for quite some time, I'm sure. We're both up to Cardo's eyeballs in crap that must be gotten accomplished. Ah, well. Hey, if we never unpack, our next move should be much, much easier. But, we do have to at least unpack the kitchen, though, because I want homecooked food so badly that I've been close to tears several times over the last couple of days. We've been eating out a lot in the last couple of days. Considering our financial status, this means a lot of Taco Bell and El Pollo Loco (all hail the cheap pseudo-Mexican food!).

Well, I have to get back to my paper. CdP awaits me. (I'm writing on Christine de Pizan -- my third subject this semester -- and I've taken to affectionately calling her CdP.)

------------------------------------

* This phrase has a story behind it, but it is way more interesting if I just leave it a mystery.

2 comments:

Coach J said...

Hey! Pleeeaase call us if you need help with anything. Really...call us.

kate said...

Definitely way more interesting as a mystery. Plus, it doesn't point us out as the complete weirdos we are. Haha!