Friday, December 12, 2008

oh how i've missed you

Okay, so the move is over. Well, as long as you count many of our items still living in the various boxes piled around the apartment as a move being over.

Anyhow, I haven't had internet access at home since Monday, and I'm still waiting. I've been pretty calm about this. It's not like I don't have eight-three million other things I need to be doing aside from checking blogs. But checking blogs is waaay more fun, for the most part.

Last night was opening night of The Alchemist. Tonight is closing night. I'd like to say that last night went off without a hitch, but, hello, it's theatre. So, yes, there were hitches. Some forgotten lines, a broken set piece, a mispronounced line that was repeated four times (just to make me cringe every time, no doubt). However, there was also the adlibbing. The adlibbing was great and funny and just completely proved that no matter how much they complained about not understanding Jonson, they really do.

I think tonight will be a lot more packed. I just got confirmation that two more people will try to make it.

This semester is finally winding down. I have one paper and two classes worth of grades due next week. I have to finish my writing sample and personal statements and get applications in for next year (so entirely not my idea of fun in any way).

I just want to be finished, finish moving in and take about ninety hours worth of naps. Hahahaha...not ever going to happen. Ah, well.

So, I hope to see more people at the show tonight. Have a great weekend all. Oh, and keep your fingers crossed, please, that we have home internet access by noon, as we were told we would. [I totally just typed 'wood' there. Maybe I should take a nap now.]

---------------

P.S. We also no longer have satellite service at our apartment. We don't want cable. So, we get a few channels and that's it. I'm pretty happy as long as we get PBS. I'll miss TLC (for What Not to Wear) and USA (for Monk and Psych), but I'll get over it. Cardo will miss the Discovery Channel and the History Channel, but he'll get over it, I hope. We are thinking about subscribing to NetFlix. Any thoughts on the service? Thanks.

2 comments:

Coach J said...

Netflix is AWESOME. We love it. We have the 2 DVD package, and the timing works out most of the time. I say go for it.

The Furie Queene said...

Agreed. Netflix IS awesome.

What are you doing for internet service? I have Charter. I recently decided, though, that I don't want cable, either. I called Charter to cancel my cable, but since I have a "bundled" account with the internet service, if they cancel the cable, my internet service fee will rise, and it will be higher than what I already pay. This makes no sense to me. It also makes me kind of upset. I mean, who are they to dictate what I must buy?

So, I guess what my underlining question is: Who is your internet service provider? And do you mind my asking how much you pay for it? If it's Charter, then never mind.

Congrats with the play. I'm sorry I wasn't very chatty. The entire time at the play, I just kept thinking, "I really need to be home working on my paper." Why would anyone make papers due on Monday??? On top of this paper, though, I need to write my conference paper for Shane. How long was yours? I'm going to aim for eight pages and hope that's enough. Do you think it is?