Tuesday, December 16, 2008

muzak

Whether I like it or not (and, believe you me, it's the 'or not'), I constantly have Christmasy music stuck in my head these days. However, I think I might be making up some of the lines as I go along. Please tell me these aren't the right lyrics:

Giddy-up jingle horse
Put up a fight
[mumble, mumble, mumble]
Mix and mingle and jingly-jing
In the frosty air


I keep singing this like it's a part of "Jingle Bell Rock." Oh, speaking of that song...it always reminds me of Home Alone. And, speaking of...we actually watched Home Alone the other night. It's amazing the things we'll watch when we only have about five channels.

-------------------------

P.S. Thanks for the moral support on that last post. I'm sure Cardo loves the phone calls at work where he can't possibly help me. However, the chains are off and all is well...until the oil needs changing or something.

2 comments:

Coach J said...

I think it's "Giddy up jingle horse/ Pick up your feet,/ Jingle around the clock,/ Mix and a mingle and a jinglin' beat,/ That's the jingle bell rock." But I could be totally wrong and I'm way too lazy to look it up.

Oh, and I perpetually have "So This is Christmas" stuck in my head, the part where the kids are screaming "war is over." It sucks.

The Furie Queene said...

I might be one of the only adults on the planet to really, really, really like Christmas music.

And I thought the words are:

Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up,
Let's go! Blah Blah the snow!

Or is that a different verse?