Monday, December 29, 2008

procrasti...nation

Okay, so I'm finally getting around to responding to the meme sent me by Coach J. I'll respond, but I won't pass it on to others. Rather, I'll leave an open invitation to any who desire to share with the group. (This is mainly because most of the people I know with blogs have been tagged by J already. It is also because I'm so weirdly bad at asking others to do things.)

The rules (most of which I will ignore):

Here are "the rules":

1.Link to the person who tagged you.
2.Post the rules on your blog.
3.Write six random things about yourself.
4.Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5.Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6.Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here goes:

1. When I'm reading something and the number of words in a phrase is mentioned, I always have to count the words, just to be sure. So, if I read "'The baby isn't yours!' she screamed and those four words echoed in his head," I have to count the four words she screamed. [Don't ask why the example. Nothing autobiographical, thanks much.]

2. Every time a bird flies over my head, I feel compelled to look up at it. However, every time I do this, my first thought is always, "That bird is going to crap on my upturned face." To date, I have not had a bird defecate on my face (or any other body part, that I can recall, at least). [I just knocked on my wooden desk. I also just typed "wooded." Yes, on my desk grows a tiny forest...or not.]

3. I sometimes wear my wedding ring on my right hand -- as I'm doing now -- because I just don't feel balanced if my ring is always on my left hand.

4. I have this weird inability to give up old favorites. It's like I feel like a traitor or something. For example, for a long time The Little Mermaid was my favorite Disney animated flick. [Oh, powers that be, I just typed "was."] I really think it had a lot to do with the fact that Ariel is also a redhead. However, interweb, I'm admitting to you, for the first time outside of my head, that The Little Mermaid is no longer my favorite animated Disney flick. Beauty and the Beast is. I so much more identify with Belle who could read for millions of hours on end. And, when the Beast (who never gets a real name), presents her with his library...that's what I'm talkin' about. [I refuse to acknowledge anything more than the existence of sequels and prequels and in-the-middle-quels of Disney flicks. They can bite me.]

5. I have a collection of saved Simplicity patterns in a desktop file even though I can't sew. Well, I think I can't at least. I learned this fine craft about a decade ago. My very own mamma is set to teach me after I crawl up out of the blackness that will be next semester, though. Maybe I'll have a tangible purpose for those patterns in the end.

6. I can sing the entire theme song to Charles in Charge without prompting. So the singing isn't pretty, but that doesn't change the fact that I know the words. I have no idea why this theme song has stuck in my head over the years, but it has.




---------------

P.S. The strange thing is that I wrote out responses for this back when the semester was still in, but I just didn't get around to typing them up and fleshing them out. Yeah, I'm lazy like that.

1 comments:

Coach J said...

Ha ha...you said "interweb." I love those Brits.