Saturday, December 6, 2008

and we're off

Moving day is upon us. Okay, so it's almost over. I don't have much time to share right now because Cardo is waiting for me to bring the rest of our sheets and some of our food over.

I do have to say, though, that moving in the outfit I wore to graduation isn't all that great. However, when I got back from graduation this morning, the clothes -- and, more importantly, shoes -- I had set aside to do the heavy work in had disappeared. I'll find them in some random bag or box in the next few days, but in the meantime, my feet are going to hate me. While some boots may be made for walkin', the ones I'm relegated to aren't necessarily so.

I'm repeating to myself, "We're alright, we're going to be alright. Everything's alright." Really, I should be subsituting "I'm" for the "we're" because I'm trying to reassure myself that I'm going to get through the next two to six weeks okay. I'm not entirely sure of this though, what with the move, PhD applications, general end-of-semester stuff, planning next semester, beginning my major grad project and just being a mamma, wife, friend, sister, daughter, auntie and me. Argh and ugh.

Okay, Cardo's going to get suspicious, so I should head back.

0 comments: