Thursday, January 8, 2009

again with the tampon box

Okay, so, yes I read the side of the tampon box. I can't help it. I read just about anything (especially if it's seemingly useless).

Anyhow, there is a chart on the back that describes the absorbency of the tampons and the range of menstrual fluids that are absorbed by each tampon. For example, the ones I have here are 'regular' absorbency and they absorb '6-9 grams.' We're supposed to be concerned about this because of the possible risk of toxic shock syndrome. I'd really like to know, though, who the crap measures her menstrual flow? (You might be thinking that I wouldn't like to know this, but I do. I didn't say that I wanted to watch her perform the measurement, now did I?)

Speaking of this, the first time I ever heard of TSS was when we were having our health education class in fifth grade. I always thought that it would suck if my tombstone (you can buy a little marker for someone who has been cremated, by the way) said 'Here lies v, who died because she didn't change her tampon often enough.' Of course, I didn't start using tampons until I was on the swim team in high school, but I had this thought nonetheless.

Ah, it's a wonderful day for TMI, no? I thought so.

--------------------------------------

P.S. This was inspired by Coach J's recent post on curling irons and such. Read it, it's fun.

1 comments:

Coach J said...

That's one funny tombstone. Oh, and I suppose if you reeeeally wanted to, you could (in theory) stick a test tube up there if you reeeeally wanted to measure your flow. But that's just gross. ;)