Monday, January 12, 2009

me and my friend blogger

It seems that we might once again be getting along. Possibly. She's letting me post pictures. So, here are the long-ago meals of the past.



I made this as a late lunch one day. Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough, olive oil, mozzarella, apple slices, walnuts, sweetened dried cranberries. It was seriously tasty.




We actually made a holiday meal or two last year. We invited friends over for Christ-tide (friends who refer to the day as Christmas, or, rather, Navidad) and cooked up some wonderfully garlicky turkey breast, some sweet potato casserole (of course -- Cardo insists), some sparrowgrass and we even heated some store-bought rolls. Our friends, Ms F, Mr S and Baby A brought pasta salad and dessert. So, the one time we actually make a meal for this holyday and I don't take a picture. Above, however, are the leftovers. Tasty stuff.




Forever and a year ago, I bought a spaghetti squash, so I finally got around to cooking it up. Topped with some somewhat old parmesan (it's a wonder we're still alive, no?) and olive oil. I smashed up some potatoes with some milk and stuff. Basic salad mix with Ken's wonderful salad dressing (Coach J introduced me to this and I've found that I can actually enjoy dressing). Oh, and of course, green juice of the gods (at least I'm figuring that's why it so expensive).




Cardo loves sweet acorn squash, so I indulged him. A bit of brown sugar and butter. And, some roasted red potatoes that were supposed to be garlicky, but apparently I should have used garlic powder because none of the minced garlic actually stayed on the potatoes. Good all the same.

So, yes, I can once again post freaking pictures. It's not exactly as easy as it was and I might forget how to do it, but there you go. What are you guys eating? Because I need to be inspired to cook at home from here to eternity.

1 comments:

The Furie Queene said...

Mmmm. That apple pizza thingy looks so good!