Sunday, January 11, 2009

to sleep...perchance to sleep

No, I meant it that way.

One Minute Writer for yesterday: If you could hire a full-time assistant, what would her duties be?

I'd have her sleep for me. Wouldn't that be loverly? For the last few days, I've been on the verge of some major panic/anxiety, so my sleep has been screwy. Finally, last night, Insomnia hit me over the head with a frying pan with all of her might. Why? Why did she feel this was necessary? I didn't get to sleep until four. Ugh.

So, I woke up forever late today and dragged myself through the day. I bought school supplies as Target. Buying school supplies has always been one of my most favorite things. I have been this way since we used to get those lists in elementary school (tissue, pencil box, 8-pack crayons, ecc). I don't really approach any other kind of shopping this way.

Then, Pic and I went to Goodwill and Savers, in search of Minnie Mouse's pink dress. Of course. Pic has been enthralled with The Three Musketeers lately and this particular dress is her new fixation (well, that and Belle's yellow wedding dress...they're all wedding dresses to her, so just accept it). We often head over to these thrift stores in search of 'wedding' dresses. Today, we bought several new books, of course, but that's about it.

We had taken Cardo to work today, because the car is no longer fixed or even 'fixed.' Recently, he replaced the working-perfectly spark plugs with some worthless-lumps-of-metal-and-stuff spark plugs. Why he did this, I'm still not sure because I thought that he and Mr M had decided that the spark plugs were the problem before. The car was working just fine. The working plugs have been replaced but now he suspects that the fuel injectors need to be replaced. Ugh. Ughity-ugh.

Anyhow, Pic and I had eaten at about eleven. We dropped Cardo off a bit after one-thirty. By the time all of our errands had been run, it was five. We had oatmeal for dinner and we didn't eat until almost six. And, let me tell you all the secret to getting my very light eater to actually eat: starve her for about six hours. We had beverages, but no food in that time. By the time we got back to the apartment, I was getting a bit loopy (having had peanut butter toast and water for breakfast). We had oatmeal with (homemade) applesauce, granola and a bit of maple syrup for dinner. She never finishes her entire bowl of oatmeal, but she did tonight.

Ah, Supermamma strikes again!

Anyhow, I'm in for another long night, I think. (When can I just give up on this whole sleep thing?) So, here's what's keeping me company:

fussy archives

Pitchfork's 100 best songs of 2008

Signs of Life in the USA

0 comments: