Saturday, January 10, 2009

and the lack of proper words

I'm at a loss for the words I need here. What the crap is wrong with Ann Coulter? I have to admit that I'm not a big follower of many public figures, so I've managed, mostly, to avoid Coulter's venom, but I saw this on Storked! What...? I just don't have the words, people. Then, I went to Ann Coulter's website (a huge mistake). I couldn't stay for long. There is an advertisement for a t-shirt that says, "I'D RATHER BE WATERBOARDING." So, now I'm going to be sick. I just don't understand.



--------------

Edit: Okay, I'm still watching this. B. Hussein Obama? Really? This is how she's going to refer to him? Yes, we get that that's his middle name, no one was hiding that.

Also, the point I'm at now, near the end, she's grateful that Bush has kept us safe for the last eight years. Um, yeah, except that whole September 11th thing.* Except taking us into war.

Also, maybe the problem isn't single mothers (duh) but the way our society views families as a whole. The way we don't really have the 'it takes a village' attitude about raising kids. We're kind of on our own, needing to force our ways into communities of support. We're so individualistic. I don't know what the answer is, but I don't think that single mothers are to blame, I think that there is a deeper-lying problem.

Argh. My whole body is tense now. It's a good thing I'm almost finished watching this. I have to say that I love that Matt Lauer is also so riled up.

* I use the term 'thing' because I'm upset with Coulter. Please read that sardonically.

0 comments: