Sunday, January 4, 2009

loving up the locals...parte due

Okay, so now for tales in bookshop fun. Or something. (My mind is half on this and half on an old podcast on moneymaking on these here blog-things.)

Pic and I went in search of a book. I had no idea what the exact title of the book was. I didn't know who wrote it. I had not a clue who illustrated it. In swoops the friendly bookstore clerk at Sundance. Two seconds after my mumbled request, she was leading me to the shelves and we found it!

So, I bought Pic a board book today. She really has very few of these and I feel almost silly buying it for her (for whatever reason, I feel like I'm not allowed to buy an almost-four-year-old a board book), but she reads this one at school every day now...or so she tells us. And, hey, I'm all for the buying of more books, thanks much.

The book that was something like the mouse? and the strawberry? That?



The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear. [Hey, lookie here, it also comes in freaking-expensive paperback.]

I also bought Hope from the sale rack. We have yet to read it.



For myself, I got Miss Alcott's E-mail and Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing. I'm wondering if the latter could somehow be good, useful, fun, ecc for my upcoming class. Oh, and it's signed by the author, a residual copy from a recent signing.





I also ordered (again) No One Cares What You Had for Lunch, which is supposed to be here by Tuesday. I never got the copy I ordered the first time because some people like to commit felonies.



Oh, oh, and I finally used my $10 reward thingy for semi-frequently buying books from this wonderful independent establishment.

------------

P.S. Yes, I thought that y'all really needed to see little pictures of the covers, as found on amazon (which I won't link (again) because, hey, it's amazon...although why it's called such, I haven't the foggiest, as my mom would say).

0 comments: