Sunday, January 25, 2009

mundanity strikes

So, yes. I have other things to be doing right now. I am running out of steam for this whole January NaBloPoMo. Aren't you also gleeful that I'm almost finished? Not as much as I am.

I am in the midst of doing multiple things because that whole, stupid multitasking thing has long been ingrained into me. So, I'm just going to tell you about my evening and leave it there.

-- Have weary reaction to child's sobbing...send her to her room until she calms down and tells me, 'I need a cuddle.' After this, she admits that just answering me in the first place would have been much easier. We get her cleaned up for bed, call Papi to tell him buona notte, we sing and sign 'ABCs' and then 'Twinkle.' She's asleep by eight (for the first time in lived memory).

All other activities going on somewhat simultaneously:

-- Finish up my tv watching for the semester by watching the end of season two of The Gilmore Girls.

-- Idealize fictional small-town life.

-- Wash dishes.

-- Wash laundry.

-- Fold laundry.

-- Make bean soup (although I have no idea what I am supposed to be sorting out when 'sorting and washing' said beans. Ask husband when he gets home and his response is 'rocks.' Mm-kay).

-- Read (for the ninety-seventh time) King Lear.

-- Forget how to spell 'eavesdropping.'

-- Drink forty-ounces of water an hour.

-- Do multiple pee dances while I try to finish just one more thing.

-- Brace myself for the nasty, nasty eye-gouging and -crushing scene.

-- Plan for the next week's worth of classes.

-- Create and print out more class materials.

-- Throw a bra insert thingy for the covert cat so he can fetch it.

-- Add to my course design (the project by which I will be judged for all time...or for my Master's work, whichever).

-- Post this.

-- Consider the merits of Mother's Little Helper.

-- Hang my head and cry.

-- Don't, under any circumstances, sleep.

Good night and please enjoy a moment's shut-eye for me.

2 comments:

Coach J said...

Maybe if you seriously consider the benefits of Mother's Little Helper, you won't have to worry about the rest. ;)

Want something to take your mind off it all? I have two suggestions. The first is an addictive webiste with fun geography games (which I suck at):http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/

The second is Skip's blog post for the day:http://skippotts.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-orleans-la.html

Happy multi-tasking!

Anonymous said...

To add to Coach J's list, here's another game site: http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq I may have written about it in my lj before. It's loads of fun, even though I'm not good at geography. I've actually learned where some places are by playing it. :)

And as for the bean-cleaning thing, yes, your hubby was right. There are often rocks in with the beans. I usually find one or two per bag of beans.