Tuesday, January 13, 2009

when i woke up this morning...

...you were on my mind.

Yes, another song, you're welcome.

Okay, so no offense or anything (or at least that's what I'd have you believe), but you weren't on my mind this morning. What was on my mind? My glasses. They weren't where they were supposed to be, so I asked Pic to find them for me. She picked them up off of the floor for me.

"They're broken. I did not break them," she told me.

Ugh, people. I'm among the almost-blind. I don't want to get new glasses until late this summer. I did want to start wearing my contacts more often anyway, so I'm wearing them now (apparently I was lying about that whole being among the almost-blind thing), but I haven't been getting enough sleep lately (ha!) and my eyes want to close over my dry contacts so I can take a nap. Ah, well.

Cardo has my car because his is rotting in the garage (I don't want to talk about it), so Pic and I walked to our various late morning and early afternoon destinations. We stopped by a local drug store and bought some superglue that didn't adhere the pieces of my glasses back together (apparently the frames are made from the one kind of plastic, polyethylene, on which this glue doesn't work...or something).* I have a pair of glasses from a couple of years ago (I keep my old glasses around in case something like this happens) but wearing old glasses is somewhat trippy. My eyes felt somewhat disjointed (please, just go with it...I know my eyes have no joints) so Pic helped me dig my contacts out of the box of bathroom stuff we still haven't unpacked.

So, how did my glasses get broken and move several feet away from where I put them last night? Quissa? I asked Cardo if he stepped on them when he was getting ready for work this morning, but he said he didn't. I always put my glasses down with the lenses facing up (two decades worth of wearing glasses has taught me never to put my glasses lens-side down) so it's possible that one of the covert cats stepped on them in just the wrong spot, causing them to snap. Perhaps I've begun sleepwalking again. I don't believe that I've done this since I was just a wee lass, but I don't think I'd remember even if I was traipsing around the apartment during one of my brief moments of sleep. At any rate, I'm hoping that I can get the pieces of the frame to stick together. Otherwise, there's always tape right? It's not like I have some sort of ultracool rep to protect, right? I thought not.

----------
* I did manage to get one of the pieces of the frame to adhere to my finger, though. I thought that I hadn't touched anywhere near the glue, but that didn't seem to be the case. I frantically swung my hand around until the frame unattached itself, but now I have a hard spot of glue on my hand.

0 comments: