Thursday, January 1, 2009

oh the cheese

So, I figured that Pic is old enough, and sensible enough, to sit down and watch The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking and enjoy it. She did seem to enjoy it, at times. The other times? "I hope this is over. It's making my tummy hurt."



Really, how Peecho and I watched this so freaking many times when we were little, I have no idea. Do kids not have discerning palates when it comes to anything? We eat stuff like macaroni and cheese from a box. Oh, and hot dogs. Or, in my case Vienna sausages (hello choking hazards). We watch stuff like the above-mentioned movie (which, I myself, was alternately enjoying and, well, not-so-much enjoying) and Care Bears.

Okay, so I still don't have a well-developed sense of taste where anything is concerned, but I've moved past some things I never thought I'd give up when I was just a little girl. Ah, well.

Speaking of cheese, though [see: the second cake down]. I totally don't get why the Cheez-Whiz. Oh, this does remind me, though, that I had a scarily alcoholic aquaintance when I first moved to college who was especially fond of cheese-in-a-can. It took me ages to figure out just what that was. I suppose that all of that beer deadens the taste-buds, maybe.

Oh, and there's been a lot of this lately in La Casa B. Seriously, has anyone seen the beginning of this (I don't think I've ever read Monsieur Andersen's tale). Out of a flower springs a fully-grown, albeit tiny, woman who speaks English and greets the first creature (a woman) she sees with "Hello, Mother." Um. Okay. I have to admit, though, that the songs are kind of catchy. I don't understand all of the intent on cross-species marriage, though.



It's incredibly cute to listen to Pic sing along with this.

-----------------------------------------

P.S. It took me incredibly too long to realize that Jodi Benson is the voice of Thumbelina.

1 comments:

kate said...

I love that Thumbelina movie. :) Thanks for making my morning.