Friday, March 6, 2009

awake...and now nauseated

I'm having a hard time responding to an assignment I gave my students. I need to go back and give more instruction. They need to go back and read instructions. /deep sigh/

Anyhow, here I am. I just read this blog post. The first ad (the Burger King one)...I hate. First of all, just the name 'Burger Shots' makes me want to hurl. Blech. On a more serious note, this commercial reminds me of those Axe body spray commercials where incredibly (standardly) good-looking women become mindless idiots when on the same continent as a man wearing the body spray.

I love Tringali's response to the Burger King ad [obviously, it helps if you watch the ad -- it's embedded in that post]:

Where do I even begin? Let’s start with the idea that women are so baby-obsessed that they think everything small is a baby. Which leads us to the even weirder idea that when women think they are in the presence of a baby, they make orgasm sounds and want to do whoever is holding said baby/small thing/BK burger shot. But what offends me most is the assumption that hamburgers are so alien to women that they don’t even know you’re supposed to eat them.


Some days, things like this ad bother me more than other days. This seems to be one of the first type of days.

0 comments: