Friday, March 13, 2009

fuzzy food pictures

Okay, so not fuzzy food, but fuzzy pictures of food. My camera and my computer still don't get along all that well, so I'm stuck with even crappier pictures than I start with. (Seriously, I need tips on taking pictures of food. And, no, I won't change the dishes -- my grammie picked bought these from our wedding registry.)

I'm not really going to try to put these in order, and I suppose that seeing my food pictures in chronological order would be a concern to no one other than myself. So, here we go.



A mix of capellini and spaghetti with a sort-of sauce, what was a ton of spinach (in tons of pasta), some tomatoes and crushed red pepper flakes. Simple fare, folks.




Risi e bisi con pollo e funghi (because I can, that's why). Also, some roasted cauliflower (no, I don't know how to say that in Italian and I'm not looking it up -- I think it's time for a trip al'Italia).



The title under which I saved this picture is 'mundane dinner.' Chicken from Cardo's work, boxed mashed potatoes that I bought in 1972 (time travel rocks), sparrow-grass and multigrain batard from Trader Joe's.



Magic purple oatmeal. Pic and I kind of eat oatmeal for dinner often. I'm lazy like that. This oatmeal is topped with homemade applesauce (I'm still lazy, applesauce is incredibly easy to make), frozen blueberries and a bit of maple syrup. When we stirred it up, the blueberries turned the cereal purple.



Nothing spectacular here, folks. Again, TJ has saved us from mild hunger. Trader Joe's Perline Pasta and Prosciutto topped with our own mozzarella (as in we already owned it, not as in we made it).



Working dinner. Spinach and strawberry salad with raspberry walnut vinaigrette. Whole wheat toast with avocado. (Actually, I could go for some of that toast right now.) Served up with a side of Greenblatt, cultural history and a guide for those who are curious about researching. (My photography skills are so great I can't even put into words their utter greatness.)



Strawberry, avocado, spinach salad with a bit of crushed black pepper. Next time I'll probably add a side of the raspberry walnut vinaigrette. Served up in my beautiful new glass storage containers. I love Costco.



More strawberry and spinach salad. Pic and I also made apple pizza with whole wheat dough from (you guessed it), TJ's.

So, yes, I'll try to not do this again. I just needed to get all of these posted before we actually prepared food again and more pictures backed up.

I'll be needing to eat again in the future and I'm open to ideas. What are you all eating?

--------------

P.S. In case you're interested: reverse alphabetical order based on the titles under which I saved my pictures.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm! I'm so hungry right now all all of your food looks delicious. I happen to love "simple" fare. Your spaghetti looks soooo good. And I love it when you post pictures of oatmeal, for some odd reason. It always looks both crumptious and pretty. :)

I was sick all day today, so I'm bummed I missed out on fajitas and the movie. Was it a good time?