Monday, March 9, 2009

snow dance

I'm pretty sure that this morning, Nature is laughing at us silly mortals with our 'spring' ahead notions of Daylight Savings. She's giggling at our ideas that we can control time, somehow, by the solely symbolic move of spinning the hands on our clocks around. (I'm sure she's also snickering at our quaint little Groundhog Day ritual.)

I woke up this morning to a lot of very powdery snow covering the outside world (okay, a very small part of the world). I was able to drive a whole fifteen miles an hour for most of the drive and between thirty and forty miles an hour for the rest (this is on the freeway, mind you). I did, however, find a decent parking spot, though, which is a change.

I'm pretty sure that Nature is sitting back, telling us, 'It'll be spring when I say it's spring.'

--------------------------

P.S. Yes, I do realize that not everywhere in the time-changing world is it snowy.

1 comments:

Coach J said...

I was SOOOO hoping for a snow day this morning, but nope. Instead, I got to take the same lovely 15 mph drive you did. Fun stuff.

Your word verification is "fultry," which I assume is the opposite of "sultry."