Friday, June 19, 2009

10 years, no reunion

I'm not sure how I feel about not being able to make my 10-year high school reunion. The last time I posted about it, I was all for going. I was excited. However, it was strangely like I needed to write about it here to get it out of my system -- after I wrote about it, I wasn't so excited about it anymore (and, no, this does not at all mean that I did any growing up).

So, while I'm not as gung-ho about it as I was, I'm still disappointed that I won't be able to make it. There are people I would have liked to have caught up with. Why? I'm not sure. I still talk to a few people (although sometimes infrequently) and I'm not sure there'd be anything else for me there. Huh.

Anyhow, it's in October (my favorite month, by the way). So, those of you going, have a splash of cranberry juice for me. Take some pictures and take good notes and write about it. Please and thank you.

Now, I'm off to, um...sleep. Yeah, that'd probably be a good thing to do at 2:52 in the morning, right?


-----------------

Speaking of reunions (or, rather, remembrances) it's Juneteenth today.

Also, my parents are heading out to the K family reunion today. My mom's pretty excited about seeing aunts, uncles and cousins she hasn't seen in years (and, there'll probably be some family members she's never met before).

Also, also, in just one more month, Cardo and I will have been married for six years and our dearly beloved friends will have been married for one. More on all that later...or not.

1 comments:

kate said...

Why can't you go? I don't want to go if you're not going.