Monday, June 15, 2009

ah, tv...and food

I have temporary access to a multitude of channels I don't normally have. (Actually, I'm not even certain how many channels we have access to on our sets, but I think it's probably somewhere around...five...ish? And then we have all these weird channels like 5.1, 5.2, 5.3. Okay, then.)

So, I'll just say that I thought I was doing pretty well without watching so much tv last semester (I really didn't have time what with being the crazy freak I was), and, really, I was right. I don't really miss the idiot box all that much. Well, except for cooking shows. We do have some on PBS that Cardo has taken to watching, but usually I'm too restless to sit down and watch them. Today, however, taking advantage of my temporary television time (alliteration rocks, thank you!), I watched some Food Network. I watched Giada make raspberry, mozzarella panini and I wanted to go out, buy the ingredients and make them right then. However, my laziness won out over my desire for food, and I ate two small bean burritos (consisting of flour tortillas and canned refried beans) instead. I am a wonder in the kitchen, people. Really, it's astounding.

Seriously, though, I'll be making those panini in the very near future, hoping that I don't screw them up. I'll let you know how it goes. And, oh yeah, she made some apple iced tea also which sounded very good and I'll try that also. I've been making myself lots of black iced tea with lemon and Earl Grey iced tea lately, because, hello, I could make it at home for about twenty cents and bit of time, or walk down to Starbucks* and pay $2.25 or so.

----------------

* They're finally going to open yet another coffeehouse across from the Starbucks. I can't remember how long the old place has been closed, but I'm actually looking forward to the new place opening. I can go down and buy expensive iced tea and hang out maybe once this summer.

0 comments: