Monday, June 1, 2009

stuff and things

Just a few notes here before I head off to dreamland (I would hope that would conjure up the B-52s' song in your heads, but it's probably just me).

-- So begins Pic's last week of school. This is a bitterish (not 'bittersweet') time for me. She's been going there for three years now. I feel incredibly conflicted taking her out and I'm trying to avoid those feelings, so I'll stop this commentary here.

-- I made the chocolate chip cookies (with dark chocolate chips, of course) last night. So freaking easy and so freaking good. Why do I always assume it's much more difficult to bake than it is? It's not like I ever tackle the complex stuff. I leave that up to the Furie Queene.

-- Speaking of Ms FQ, Pic, N and I got to hang out with her Friday Saturday evening. It was nice and laid-back. N, Pic and I were actually going to watch FQ's bout but it actually rained here (holy unexpectedness...if you lived here, you'd get it). So, the bout was called off so we'll have to see her another time, but, as I said, hanging out was good (until Pic got restless and spilled the multiple plastic ramekins of butter and parmesan cheese powder stuff...yeah, it was definitely time to go).

-- I kind of want to participate in the NaBloPoMo, but I have not much at all to say about heroes. I'm pretty sure I will not stick to the theme at all, if I even manage to stick to writing every day.

-- I made it through an upper-body balance ball routine just now that I tried earlier in the week but had to stop because Pic was having nightmares. I had a crappy week of exercising the week before last, but I'm trying to not lose my momentum (or whatever I should refer to it as).

-- I'm about to be a stay-at-home-mamma again (see the first point in this list) with nowhere to send Pic off a few days a week for the first time in a long time. Yes, I know, I already said this, above, but it really kind of hit me the other day and it'll be interesting. Again, I won't go into anything in detail, but I hope that I don't suck. I'll leave it at that.

-- I have no clue when Father's Day is, but I've already got a card for my own dad and for Cardo. I'll let Pic choose a card for Papi also, which means he'll probably end up with another Disney Princess card.

-- Disney Princesses = me gagging. They're freaking everywhere. Even at the thrift stores which is mainly where we get Pic's toys. Although, Saturday, Cardo did let Pic get a Princess purse/book thing from Costco. Sometimes I give in too, although I always regret it. I can't really explain my anguish in this situation, but...argh!

-- Cardo wants me to come lay down with him now, so I must be off. I need to finish Goblet of Fire anyhow.

G'night.

1 comments:

kate said...

You have got to start sleeping!