Sunday, June 21, 2009

oh, happy day

Y'know, Happy Father's Day! And, Happy Solstice!

Pic and I gave Cardo his mugs today, but he kind of saw one of them yesterday. Oops. Pic also chose a card for him that says something like 'God must really love me for giving me a daddy like you.' I crossed out 'daddy' and wrote in 'papi.' I didn't cross out 'God' but I did find it funny that that's the card he ended up with. He loved the card and the mugs.

Also, I finally decided that we were going to make the sugar cookies today. First, Pic and I read this summer solstice book and then we made the cookies. They're actually really easy and they're the best sugar cookies I've ever had. They have lemon zest and almond extract and just the smell of them is tempting me to eat all of the rest of them tonight. Anyhow, I say, that they're 'actually really easy' because it took us about an hour to make them, and that's not counting baking time. I'm a seriously slow cook and baker and it slows me down even more when Pic helps out (but it does make the process much more fun). I kind of wanted to ice the cookies with nice vibrantly-colored icing, but I prefer them uniced (which is a really strange-looking word). Pic and I might ice some tomorrow.



We ended up with dogs, butterflies, music notes and suns (yes, suns...here's where the icing might help). The dough kept sticking to the cutting board so things are a bit squished, but I'm not making these to sell, so I really only care that they taste great.



Here's Pic waiting for the cookies to bake. She decided she'd rather have a popsicle than a cookie. We bought the popsicle molds today and poured in some pink lemonade. She was a vision in pink tonight.

1 comments:

kate said...

Looks like things are yummy and fun over at La Casa B! And Pic is absolutely adorable!