Friday, June 12, 2009

magic day

Apparently today is Magic Day. It seems fitting that I just finished the Harry Potter series...again.

Actually, I recently realized that I had only read Deathly Hallows once, when it came out. I missed reading the series last year. I barely remembered anything that had happened, so it was pretty much like the first time I was reading it. I was getting toward the end after Pic went to bed, but before Cardo got off work. When he got here, he asked how I was feeling (I've been sick) and I told him I was feeling much better. I know that I sounded worse, but I explained to him that I had just been crying because of the book. This is something about me that he will never really understand. He told me, 'Why? It's just a book. It's not real.' Yes, I get this. I also get that just about everything makes me cry and, of course, many parts of many books bring on the tears. There are definitely times when Cardo and I seem to prove that inane 'opposites attract' theory.

Anyhow, now I'm up and I've nothing new to read. Later today I'll have to remedy that. I have several books checked out from the library awaiting me, but I strangely feel in the mood to read A Keeper of Sheep, which I haven't read in several years because I've had a difficult time tracking it down. I bought it from an amazon seller once, but that was at the time that people were stealing mail from our mailroom and the book never made it to me. Ah, well.

Okay, so, um, rambling over.

Happy Magic Day.

1 comments:

kate said...

I cry over books all the time. Thankfully Mike understands that although he still laughs at me.
Have you read "The Red Tent?" If not, please check it out. It's a great book.